TOURISM in india is one of the most growing sector. Currently, it provides about 8% GDP to the nation which is only expanding year-on-year.
Currently, the covid-19 crisis has hampered the industry. With the nation-wide lockdown spanning for more than 5 months, sales and revenue fell drastically.
in order to give a boost to already struggling economy, Government should take some steps to re-boost this sector
- Provide a economic passage in upcoming budget to help struggling firms/hotel chains.
- Tourism circuits needs to be created across the nation- currently the Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with Ministry of Culture had started TOURISM CIRCUITS focusing upon the BUDDHIST– SUFI– CHARDHAM YATRA circuits
- Focus to promote it on international scale
- Campaigns like INCREDIBLE INDIA should be re-vitalised
- State should promote the sector- Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Kerela and Gujrat have invested a lot in order to boost the sector
- E-visa facility should be improved
- Govt. website and support system should be re-designed
- Crimes should be reduced/ adequate police patrolling can help
- Women guides should be there at all historical monuments
- Medical tourism/ Eco tourism should be boosted
Hence, there should be re-energised effort which should be undertaken in order to built a well-renowned tourism sector in the country